Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
doglover

putting him out of my life forever

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

6 posts in this topic

I have posted on here before about me and my cousin and how he came to visit me in December . we hit it off so well. We discussed all kinds of possibilities for us before he got here. fast forward to several months ago he told me he met a girl he really liked and was waiting to see how it unfolded. Well I guess they had an online friendship for five months and I just found out he proposed to her after a week of being together in person and plan on marrying in a few months. His kids are grown and she has three little kids. I think he is being really stupid and told him he is not a cousin or a friend to me anymore. He misled me I feel promising me things and saying he loved me . I did things with him I never would have if I had not believed him.I feel so angry and betrayed and I don't think I can ever forgive him and be his friend again. I just can't understand his rush to marry this girl...I think he is nuts.

i'm sorry that he shattered you like that.

It's ok it's made me finally get over him . The part that makes me sad is I don't think we can ever be just family again. I think he is making a big mistake...not because of me and what happened. I just don't see he is ready for this kind of commitment and it really shocks me that he is doing this so suddenly.

I'm glad you've finally got over him. Just leave him to it and probably one day he'll realize he's made a big mistake in marrying her but just move on because its the only way and at least you know now not to fall for his lies and betrayal.

nessa76

In my case, we live in same city but we don't see each other often. I backed off when he told me he can't leave his family and I respect his and our family's feelings. But, I made a mistake of moving on with my BEST FRIEND. I tried very hard to keep him it didn't really work out, he never got that love and trust from me. It didn't work out so we brokeup last year. I am confused but I am going with the flow now. Not going to be selfish and I am not going to hurt anyone.

I think you can get over him once you are with someone but I can't guarantee if you would be able to love other person with same amount of feelings that you have or had for your cousin.

Also, from my experience its better to keep things between the two of you than sharing with someone else because that way you can avoid a mess in your family and you will not lose your respect in family. I hate it when guys are too immature apply no contact rule. No contact just just more issues, so people should let time be the healer. Anyway good luck :) and remember take your time don't rush into anything.

In my case, we live in same city but we don't see each other often. I backed off when he told me he can't leave his family and I respect his and our family's feelings. But, I made a mistake of moving on with my BEST FRIEND. I tried very hard to keep him it didn't really work out, he never got that love and trust from me. It didn't work out so we brokeup last year. I am confused but I am going with the flow now. Not going to be selfish and I am not going to hurt anyone.

I think you can get over him once you are with someone but I can't guarantee if you would be able to love other person with same amount of feelings that you have or had for your cousin.

Also, from my experience its better to keep things between the two of you than sharing with someone else because that way you can avoid a mess in your family and you will not lose your respect in family. I hate it when guys are too immature apply no contact rule. No contact just just more issues, so people should let time be the healer. Anyway good luck :) and remember take your time don't rush into anything.

I agree with the being in a relationship with someone else will help getting over a cousin to a certain extent but not if the person is just a substitute because that's just replacing another for someone else.  I know nothing will probably happen between me and my cousin but its the magnetic feeling i have that makes it harder for me but i've no option other than to move on if you know what i mean. I don't really want anyone else, partly due to concentrating on my studies but mostly i'm frightened i guess of hurting a guy because of the feeling i have for my cousin.  I think it'd be easier for me after i see him in person, although it won't be for years i'd imagine but anything could happen in between now and then.

This guy does seem immature and like i said, i'm sure he will regret marrying her,rushing in to this like there's no tomorrow. Anyway, he's made his bed so let him lye in it. As you say asdfgh, time should/will be the healer and i'd say good luck too to the OP :smiley:

nessa76

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0