• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
GirlSaysWhat

Do you/have you regularly said "I love you"?

26 posts in this topic

Just curious - for those not dating their cousins, did or do you tell them "I love you"? For those in a relationship with their cousin, did you say it regularly before dating?

I say it to my cousin every now and then but I can hardly bear to. I both am just dying to say it and hate saying it because we aren't together like i want us to be. :(

I haven't told my cousin about my feelings yet but I am still dating her(just going out with her essentially) but never really told her "I love you"

Although 2 years ago I made her a hard using photoshop nd stuff in which I said "I love you" (I mean she would have taken it as a cousin).

and just like you I am dying to say it too. Lets hope it happens soon for the both of us. LOL

I did. I told her through text message/iMessage. I sent the "I Love You", actually, it's more like, "I ❤️ U". She took as my love for her as platonic/family love. When I told her how I really felt about her, she took a step back and told me that she only sees me as a brother. Nothing more. It crushed me.

Sorry to hear that JackQ! I don't think I've read your story yet, if you have posted it here. :(

I have never really said I Love You to any of my cousins, and thus I have never said it to the One. She did say she loved me very much when I told her in a text conversation sometime ago that I would like us to be closer so that I could help her with her obstacles in life. However, I think she meant that primarily in a familial sense.

I dislike it when people throw the word Love around carelessly. Personally, it is a big word for me, and I have only ever used them for my immediate family. I hope there will be a day when I can say these words in the way I mean it to her!

Sorry to hear that JackQ! I don't think I've read your story yet, if you have posted it here. :(

I have never really said I Love You to any of my cousins, and thus I have never said it to the One. She did say she loved me very much when I told her in a text conversation sometime ago that I would like us to be closer so that I could help her with her obstacles in life. However, I think she meant that primarily in a familial sense.

I dislike it when people throw the word Love around carelessly. Personally, it is a big word for me, and I have only ever used them for my immediate family. I hope there will be a day when I can say these words in the way I mean it to her!

I actually did post my story and the struggles of my emotions. It should be a on the front page of the "Shoot The Breeze" section. Please, feel free to read it. I don't ask for anything in return or try to pass myself as, excuse my French, "view whore". I just want support and how to best handle this situation. That's all I ask of everyone on this website. Thank you!

when we were dating, it seemed like we couldn't say 'i love you' enough. it was sometimes comical how many times we'd say it... as if we had no other words! we've been married now for 15 years, and still tell each other many times per day that we love each other.

I tried to slip an "I love you" casually into my last email to my cousin a bit back.

He'll probably see it as "family love", unless he's on to me.

I'd have said it more if I wasn't so chicken when it came to telling him how I feel. :)

My cousin and I were talking intensely for months before I finally said it. (My story is in the help/advice forum; I suggest reading it to get up to speed with the Coles Notes version). I had hinted at it a couple of times playfully, one time telling him after he had teased me that I was about to say it, but since he'd been mean to me I wasn't going to. And he had told me directly me a few times that he loved me and cared about me. I finally worked up the nerve to say the words, and he was so overjoyed to hear me finally say it ... 10 days later he cut me out of his life.

It's been a bit rough. I'm glad I at least had the chance to say the words, even if I had already been expressing the sentiment.

I'm not too sure what our future holds, but one day I would like to be able to look into his eyes in person and tell him how I feel. Anything more than that would be bonus.

Before we started going out I would say it in a playful manner. When we started going out I started saying it more heartfelt. Even now that we're separated I still say it to her before leaving to work & before going to sleep, meaning it with all my heart

Me and mine are not together, and never will be. But, usually we do say it at the end of our conversations. It is as much a "family" thing as anything now, but we do truly mean it.....

Absolutely not, I'm not throwing those words around carelessly.

I will do so at some point, but neither of us is ready for that yet.

Lori :)

Every day.  Several times a day.  We've been together for over a year now and I suppose we're still in that ooshy-gooshy stage.  But I cannot imagine a day passing without telling him I love him, or not hearing those words from him.  He and I waited so long for his moment in our lives that I never want to take the relationship for granted. 

I am madly in love with my cousin. I tell her a million times a day that I love her, and I mean it! We've been together over 2 yrs and I know we'll be together forever.

Well, before we were daring, I told June that I love her.  I said it in a way that didn't make it love love.  I said, "I love you, sis", because before we got together, I told a lot of my friends that she was my sister.  I did so because we look really similar.    When we got together, we had fights over who loved who more.  We got caught, and are in a "paused relationship" right now.  We will get back together, unpause, when we were older if we still feel love for one another. 

I am not/never was the kind of person who said I Love You to people. I am also not a touchy person. But I tell my cousin I love him everyday, usually several times a day.

I personally don't remember whether or not I've said it before. I think someone else had to ask us if we loved each other, at all. But loving the fact that you guys can be open with your cousin love for each other. 

We both said it for the first time on the night we first kissed.

Neither of us 'throw' that word about easily so when it is said it has great meaning and feelings behind it. 

To My Wondeful Lovely Cousin, Lover and Soulmate ........ I Love You 

My cousin and I said it for the first time last night. We're not together, but we've been having sex for a little over six months. He'd been saying little things that made me think he might be developing feelings for me for the past three or four weeks, but last night he just came out and said it. I won't go into detail, but my night was incredible. I'm going back over to his place in like six hours and I am stupid excited!

Not yet but I plan to :) It's a daunting and exciting prospect at the same time. We only live once so why not go for it I say :D

1 hour ago, Tom182 said:

Not yet but I plan to :) It's a daunting and exciting prospect at the same time. We only live once so why not go for it I say :D

Lol good luck :)

Me and my cousin are not dating but we I tell her all the time that I love her, so does she! 

She tells me that she's inlove with me and we kiss regularly, but she has a Stereotype about cousin relationships she says she doesn't know anyone who is dating their cousin and I'd tell her I don't know anyone that kisses their cousin also , I showed her this site she's now beginning to understand .. ..

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor