• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest xocodeljc

is he telling me indirectly or I'm assuming he likes me?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

8 posts in this topic

Hi all,

This guy is my cousin ( not sure which type but his mom and my mom are cousins on her dad's side so that's why he and i are cousins) we met in 6th grade and we liked each other until one day we met at a grocery store by coincidence and his mom told us we were cousins. After that we never brought it up, he left to another school life went on. Through out the years we saw each other periodically and we would always tell each other i love you before we left, yet it wasnt said in a family type of i love u way it felt deeper. I didnt pay mind to it, his girlfriends hate me because he doesnt open up with them nor gives them attention but I am his exception. Well long story short recently he looked at me and told me thank you for beig me and that i am beautiful. I was like thanks..paid no mind...then another day he was like "why do we have to be cousins? We could be married and be happy together" i was like yeah i know but i was thrown off.. he then the next time we spoke he told me he would marry me but we are cousins. So i asked him would he consider someone else and he said no he wont get married to anyone. Then another time he whispered i love you to me randomly but it felt king of sensual as if trying to seduce. Then sometimes he just rubs ny face or arm recently my ear. And lastly i asked him to questions recently , if u had to spend the rest of ur life with one person and no one else he said me then i asked another question and he said i am perfect to him as i am and i told him jokingly oh so i am the perfect woman for you? He said yes but we are cousins.....so does he like me or its all in my head?

you are second cousins.

you can legally marry anywhere in the world, and you need not worry about any increased risk of problems to any children you might have in the future.

how old are you, anyway?

well it doesn't sound like it's all in your head. so next time he says something along the lines of 'i'd marry you, but', tell him there really is no 'but'; tell him that it's legal to marry, and to hell with what the family might say, and find out if he's serious or if he's just playing games. if he's serious, then just go do it! dissenting family members can get over it after the fact.

Thanks, will do...any one else would like to share their thoughts? I'd like to get other input before i actually say anything to him. Thanks in advance

by the way, if you register, you won't have to wait for your posts to be approved :)

xocodeljc, 

My thoughts? Pretty much the same as Lady C has told you. It's legal everywhere. The next time this comes up, you just say "Yeah, about this 'if we weren't cousins' thing. I've looked into it, and we are actually free to go right down and get married if we want to. So, wadda ya say???? Shall we?" If he doesn't believe you, feel free to bring him here, show him the main page, and then show him this thread...

If he has any questions, he can do as you have, and ask, and we'll tell him just like we've told you.  :laugh:

Based on what you have said, he is flirting for sure, it isn't your imagination.

Maybe consider saying something like "it doesn't matter that we are cousins" and tell him how you feel about him. That is what I did with my cos (generally) and found out that he wasn't just being playful because it was his character, he was flirting because he was interested. We never really got past the 1st cousin hang ups though. (Probably part of our problems...).

Go for it. You will always regret not saying anything. Even if it doesn't work out, the ride might be fun.

And thanks for your help with my post. :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0