• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Hello123

Need help regarding immigration (CR-1 visa)

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

My wife and I are cousins. It is legally permissible and allowed in Islamic law and Pakistani culture for first cousins to marry. I am a US citizen living in Arizona, where our marriage would be prohibited if it took place in Arizona; she lives in Pakistan. We've applied for CR-1 (spouse) visa. We are almost done with the whole process, with only the interview at embassy left.

My question is: should my wife be upfront about us being cousins or try to hide the fact (but not lie)? If she openly admits we are cousins, will that affect her eligibility for visa? I know for K-1 fiance visa eligibility depends on the state you live in but we are already married and went for CR-1. What would happen if she did not admit to use being cousins but it was later discovered in "background checks"?

I'm thinking the right course of action here would be for her to openly admit we are cousins and show enough proof to convince the person counselor that we have a bona fide marriage. Any suggestions would be great.

Thanks!

Answer only the questions they ask, do NOT volunteer anything or do more than answer I.e. "Yes" or "no" unless absolutely necessary.

If they do ask, answer with something simple like "yes, it's not illegal, is there a problem?" 

Good luck. 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0