• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
pokebass1

Poll: How Old were You When You Fell in Love WithYour Cousin?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

How Old were You When You Fell in Love With Your Cousin?   6 members have voted

1. 1. How Old were You When You Fell in Love With Your Cousin?

• 13 or younger
    • 14 - 19
    • 20 - 25
    • 26- 30
    • 31 or older

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

11 posts in this topic

I wanted to know how many people my age and younger have fallen in love with there cousin.  I thought, a poll won't get my answer, but it will give me an estimate.  I'll go and do that.  So, here's the poll.

I don't know how old we were when we realized we really love each other. I suppose it would be when we were about 10 yrs old, and met formally. We'd been in each others company as infants, and then met briefly when we were maybe 5 yrs old or so. When we were 10ish, we went to visit them not real long before they moved here to the same town. When our mothers had us tell each other what our birth dates are, and it dawned on us that we are one week to the day apart, (I'm a week older,  :tongue:) we've been favorite/best cousins ever since.

When we were 20 yrs old, through a series of events, we had what we call our "moment." It was very intimate, and got very intense, very quickly. She got scared, and we walked away from it. We let it be very awkward for many years. It DID bring us closer though, if not physically in each others presence. Once we reconnected, it didn't take long for us to air it all out, and go back to like it was "before." We love each other very much, but realize much too much water has passed beneath the bridge to rekindle the "moment." We're fine with that, and really enjoy the fact that "the pressure is off" so to speak, and we can be very comfortable when we spend time together now. As much as we work, and the fact that she now travels for her work limits the time we get to spend with each other, but, it makes us enjoy it that much more when we can.

It will remain unrequited on both our parts, but, I suppose it rising to the level you are asking would have been when we were 20.

Aww, it sounds like you had a hard time.  I'm glad you both are talking now.  I hope you keep your friendship, and never let it fade. 

I was 14, I still am.  I fell in love with my third cousin on August 31st.  We had only known eachother for 19 days.  She had been my best friend for about three weeks, and I had been telling my friends that she was my ghalf sister.  Since I was older, I had to come up with a good back story.  One day, my friends said, since they thought she was my sister, that you can marry your half sister in Arkansas.  I knew this wasn't the truth, but I knew we were cousins.  I did research, and found it was perfectly legal and accepted, and would only cause framily problems, possibly.  We started planning on running off to be together, and I told her, "Hey, I need one thing in order fpor us to be together, love.". So, what do you know, one week later, I found I loved her, so I told her.  She said she thought she felt the same way, since she had never been in love before, and we got together.  A little less than two weeks later, she came over to hang out with me, since her birthday was in a few days, and we kissed.  It was at midnight and it was by a dim fire, which went out shortly before we kissed.  The next day, we went 80 miles to Tulsa Oklahoma fro her birthday party, and we kissed 11 more times, to make 14. 

I'll never forget how skeptical I was about our love at first.  Now the only problems we have is that we were found out about.  We decided to "pause" the relationship until we're 18, if we still love each other.  I love her so much.

My cousin and i had a bond when i was 9 we decided to act  on it when i was 15 and have had an on and off relationship for almost 13 years that we had to hide from our families.

Well, I'm glad you have been able to keep it secret.  As you can see, if you have read the other replies, my half second cousin, basically third, and I were found out about.  If we hadnt  though, I would never have learned some valuable lessons. 

Like Hawk, he and I were about 10 years old when we were caught by another cousin errr, um, kissing and trying to be as romantic as 10 year olds can be  :wink:

We had moments over the course of our lives where we would see each other and could feel the energy between us, where we may or may not kiss, and where we knew that we were attracted to each other, but let fear stand in our way.

It wasn't until nearly 35 years had passed from that first kiss that we decided to make a go of the relationship.  A year and a half later, we are still together and will be together until our time on earth has ended. 

I didn't see my cousin often at all when I was very young, and moved to a different country when I was 9 (he's 4 years older than I am, so, really, he barely registered on my radar at that time). I think there was some hint of adolescent inklings of an attraction when we visited the family some four years later, but I still didn't think of him much. It wasn't until they came to visit us when I was 17 that I was hit like a ton of bricks. I'm 55 now, and though we have never had a romantic relationship (I've been married for going on 30 years and reasonably happy...he was married for a little while, but divorced some 15 years ago and has been mostly single since). We have acknowledged (I finally asked him around 10 years ago, thinking it might give me closure), that there had been, and maybe still was a mutual attraction, but also agreed that that's as far as it will ever go. Which seems as though it's been much easier for him than for me, but I really have no idea because we rarely see each other and never speak of it. He and his sister visited us for 10 days a few months ago, and as much as I'd been reasonably successful in mostly putting him out of my thoughts in recent years, I did realize all over again that I will probably love him forever.

As much as I want to be the one reply in the "13 and younger" category, it is a little difficult to say whether or not feelings at that age are truly "love" or not. I certainly had a crush on my cousin by the time I was about 7, and she was the first girl I ever had a crush on. By 13 or 14 I was QUITE smitten with her, but only ever got to see her about a dozen times each year of my childhood and stopped altogether around the time I was 18.

Fast-forward to about 33 years old, and we re-enter each other's lives. Just like no time had passed, we were best friends, playful, and perfectly meshed. People always commented on how great we got along both as children and as adults, even though we live in different cities. And it wasn't more than a couple months before I could tell which way a late-night conversation was going, and helped lead it down that path. It turns-out, we were each other's first crush, and are deeply in love. It's been two years knowing, and just keeps getting better and better.

So, I could say I've loved her basically my whole life, but it wasn't confirmed until 33.

I guess i developed a crush around 15, 16 years old... He was much older - 30, 31 years old. He had no idea. I didn't realize that i was actually in love with him until six years ago, when I was 20. He was 35.

Crush at 14; love at about 17.  Pain and suffering ever since.

You know what? That is so accurate. So sadly accurate. :( Hugs.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor