• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
soulfighter

Why won't my cousin accept my request?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

6 posts in this topic

Why won't my cousin accept my friend request?

I know we have had a past relationship or whatever it was. But its almost more than a year now since our last. And while I may have still contacted him last May 2012 like how stupid I was begging for him to come back into my life when his making it clear to me that he won't but after that incident after I cried a river of tears and following a few months after it was around August 26 when I finally got myself a new boyfriend. It kind of worked out for me at first, I kind of liked him and I was beginning to feel love again but not until I figured out he's married! So I broke up with him. I left our home in Visayas for work in Mindanao that time for almost a year but then I decided to go back because of what has happened there without further thinking anymore that my cousin will also be there in Visayas since I thought I already moved on I didn't mind. When I did arrived back in Visayas I wasn't wrong with the idea meeting with my cousin again, we were friendly we talked and laughed then he knew what happened why I came back but I don't think he'd like to discuss it further more since he quickly left that time after. Explaining he's got some stuff to do. Which bothered me that moment if that bothered him or was he jealous? Why won't he let me explain further? Or finish? It seemed kind of rude.

Then a few weeks after I decided to send him a friend request on facebook. No regrets, I just want to be friends with him again on facebook since we're cousins and I'm hoping we're ok now. But it bothered me why he won't accept my friend request when I thought we're supposed to be ok now? Do I still affect him?

there could be a dozen reasons why he's not accepting your friend request. it could be that he doesn't spend much time on facebook and hasn't seen the request. or it could be that he only access it via his cell phone, and doesn't realize there is a request pending.

or it could be that he just doesn't want to stay in touch with you. but you shouldn't assume that's the case when there could be so many other logical explanations.

I completely agree.  I know that a lot of people just don't get on hardly ever.  I am one of those people.  I go through phases where I'll be on all of the time, and where I won't be on it for almost two months.  Don't let it phase you that he hasn't accepted, because he might just be like me.  I would just resend the request every month or so, if it's bothering you that much.  Just be positive about it, and don't let it get you down.  Being negative will only make it worse. 

He has a laptop and a tablet. I don't think he just overlooked it. Since he has already all the resources. And he's been online like most of the time, I know this because I have access of my Mom and Dad's facebook and they are friends there and I can see he's online through his activities on his timeline and his posts.

Well, don't assume the worst.  Like LadyC said, maybe he just hasn't seen it.  Facebook does glitch out and not let people see friend requests sometimes.  It is possible that he is meaningly ignoring it, but it could be for good reasons.  He might not have completely gotten over you, and is reminded of those good times when he sees you.  Men are often affected by breakups more and it can rake them a long time to he over then.  I never knew that feeling since I've broken up with someone I loved two timea.  One person, I'd never seen before and hadn't even known for a month.  We lost connection and I wasn't shore affected.  The other time was with my half second cousin, which is why I'm on here.  We got caught and weren't allowed to be together, since we're 14 and still very much under the control of our parents.  We didn't officially break up, but we're not together.  Anyway, while I don't know the feeling of a break up with someone you'd been with for a long time, but I can certainly see how a man would be so affected.  Just give him time, if that is the reason he hasn't accepted.  If it gets unbereable, talk to him and discuss it.  Whatever you do, I hope you and him can recover a friendship, and have many good times, as friends.   

Even I haven't completely gotten over about us. But life must go on. He's the one who wanted us to end at the first place so I respect that. So I set aside what I feel for him even when it hurts. I went ahead and tried to move on with my life. Until I have found someone new but ofcourse, I also failed on that part which hurts me a lot more but I just kept in going and thought positively. I just want us to be good again atleast. I don't need his approval of ego boost anymore because I've convinced myself a long time ago that Its impossible for us to be together. And I just have to accept that. I don't want to feel rejected again just because of a friend request its too much for me. I feel insecure from him and my previous relationship. Now this again. I juat want to be happy. I hope life will be just that simple.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0