• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Yohiii

Parents cousins, in love with my cousin

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

4 posts in this topic

Hi! I have an issue (I guess)... It's really been troubling me lately :(

Deal is, I'm from a country where cousin marriage is quite accepted, though living in Europe which obviously has affected my mentality (for the better and the worse). My parents are cousins and God knows who else in my family tree are, though I have no knowledge of anyone further up in the tree being cousins, I'm still worried. Me and my cousin are both in love and already planning to get married. I haven't spoken to her regarding this subject, firstly because I don't have the right facts and also I don't want to scare her.

I wouldn't have thought twice about it, marrying my cousin, if it wasn't for the fact that my parents are as well. We're all fine, my siblings and I, and I have quite a lot of family who married their cousins and they're all fine as well! So from that aspect I am not bothered, I can clearly see the chance is little for birth defects.

However, seeing that my parents also are cousins (and the possibility somewhere further up the family tree having married cousins) I cannot get any rest. My brother just recently married a cousin and both my parents have expressed their disapproval against me marrying my cousin (they don't know yet, but they've seen that I am too close to her).

How bad is my situation? I guess you guys would have more experience and could possibly offer some advice. I would greatly appreciate any response.

Yours truly,

Man, I know you must be confused, but I at least can't help without proper information.  Could you get some more info about your family?  If she's not from the side that your parents are related on would be one thing.  If she's not, there is no problem.  I sense this isn't the case though.  Anyway, I need this info so I can help. 

Hi! Thanks for your reply. Unfortunately, she is from their side  :( I believe that is what worries me...

What more info do you need? I've wanted to find out who have married their cousins before us, further up the family tree but I fear it would reveal my intentions if I asked my parents.

Thanks!

can someone please contact ? im so glad i'm not alone in this I just married my first cousin and we are catching hell. we live in texas and went to Alabama to marry wherer its legal

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0