• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest suzey

help

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

6 posts in this topic

I need some advise. Since I was 12, I have had this connection with my cousin. When I was 16, I saw him again. Connection still there, but stronger. We snuck a bit, and kissed, but that was it. Again when I was 17. Didn't see him again until 12 years ago at uncles funeral. Connection still there, like we just saw each other yesterday. In April, saw him again. Same thing. Got his phone number, and have talked to him several times a day every day since. We live very far apart. A few weeks ago, he came out here. What a time we had. Loved the visit, and nothing has changed in the connection. It is there, no doubts about it. I have fallen head over heels in love with him, and the feeling is mutual.  We are middle age now. I'm mid 50s,  he a little older. This isn't some kiddie  crush. We are both hung up on the family thing. Neither side would ever understand. I don't know what to do. 40 years, and I love him.

If neither one of you is in a relationship with someone else, GO FOR IT!!!!

The families do NOT have the right to tell you what to do.  You are adults and need to live your own lives.

Read the stories here - there are lots of successful ones as well as the ones who wished they had gone for it.

We're here to give you support and encouragement.

HUGS

Nat

ditto!!!

you can't live your life to please everybody else, because there will always be someone who doesn't like something about anything. seriously, your families will get over it. or they won't, who knows. most of the time they do, though, because that is what love is... it's letting others be happy even if you don't like their choices.

go get married and look back with no regrets!

Thanks for the advice. I am widowed, and he lives in the same house with his ex wife. Been divorced for several years. It's comforting to know this site exists. I don't know what the future holds for us, but I didn't think I could ever love anyone like I did my husband. Now I know without a doubt that I love this man with all my heart. Feelings for 40 years kept hidden. It's so nice to let them out with him. Thank you all.

Your story mirrors mine.  It took us 30 years to finally act on the attraction we have felt since we were kids.

It may be none of my beeswax, but since you mentioned it....

He lives with his ex-wife?  What's up with that?  Are you sure they are divorced?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0