GirlSaysWhat

PTSD

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

14 posts in this topic

Does anyone have any experience with this? My cousin has it. He was a soldier.

He says he credits me with helping lift him out of his worst depression and motivating him to come back to the family. He says it means a lot that I didn't give up on him. But now he's slipping away again. :( He missed Thanksgiving, has withdrawn and my aunt and uncle think he's stopped taking meds. He assured me that he's fine, but everyone else says otherwise.

Does anyone have any advice?

Don't try to be his savior all on your own.

He needs his meds and professional help.

Be his support and cheering section, but make sure he is doing

the other two things.

this is not something he can handle alone and an untrained person can't do it for him.

My understanding is it is an on going situation that may take years to deal with.

Not sure that came out right, I understand your concern and want to help.

The best you can do is encourage him. Also if worse comes to worse do you know

his counselor or Dr? If so don't be hesitant to contact them. Even if you aren't sure

they will listen.

Don't know if this is helpful or not but hope so.

Best wishes for you and your cousin.

Thank you.

He puts on a bit of a tough guy persona, especially around me - tough guy as in, oh I'm fine, don't need anything, let's talk about you now. It took him two years of suffering to finally reach out to me, initially.

I hate PTSD!

He should register at the Veterans Administration (if USA) - you can go with him there if he would like.

Call 1-800-273-Talk (8255)

They can even pick you up if needed. There are usually VA reps in every town.

I suggest that he does this asap.

This is not a joke or something that should be taken lightly.

He can be around others that understand him and will make him feel more comfortable.

PM me for more information if needed.

Thanks, Nessa.

He should register at the Veterans Administration (if USA) - you can go with him there if he would like.

Call 1-800-273-Talk (8255)

They can even pick you up if needed. There are usually VA reps in every town.

I suggest that he does this asap.

This is not a joke or something that should be taken lightly.

He can be around others that understand him and will make him feel more comfortable.

PM me for more information if needed.

Thank you. I'll pass on the information.

I spoke to my Grandma the other day, wishing her a happy xmas. Anyway, my Cousin was brought up in conversation and he has PTSD. He's a lot better now but he wasn't well a while back though.

I think they all suffer from PTSD after being at war in the army. Hope my Cousin finds the help he needs, not a nice thing to have to go through at all.

nessa76

With all the Technology they have nowadays, people shouldn't have to go at War. He is however, hoping to go in to some Work Trade with the army but totally seperate from being at War  :smiley:

nessa76

Hello there, Im a person that suffers from that ailment, I was a soldier myself, you need to be his pillar and encourage him to get treated, there is a strong chance to have a normal life if the right channels are followed, It took a lot for me to recover and it never will be the same, my partner is the best support I have and thanks to her, in on the way to recovery, be very patient and supportive and be his pillar at all times, its our best medicine.

I agree, nessa76.

Thanks, raptor6. I am here for him, through anything and everything, for sure! I have loved him all my life and hate to see him suffering. Thanks for your service, btw! :)

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead