KC

Traveling Time

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

19 posts in this topic

Anyone want to meet at the Chicago Union Station (or vicinity)? I have to pass by there soon. Soon -- like the 4th and again on the 11th. If you have a profile here and I can check you out, I would love to meet and greet. I have hours to kill both ways.

I am on my way to Texas to meet LadyC and her husband. It should be great fun and to get a little break from NC is priceless.

Boss,

I'd love to, but, while I'm in IL, I'm almost as close to Atlanta as I am Chicago. ( Atlanta is ~ 40 miles or so farther) By the time I got there, you'd be long gone. St Louis would be doable, but, right now, I wouldn't want to be anywhere near the airport there, or anywhere near there actually.

Thanks for the invitation dear Boss, but I think I'll just stay right here in sunny Florida!  LOL

Have a great time!

HUGS

Nat

Hey I'm in Chicago :) wish I could but it's my boyfriends work week, he was just talking about it would be nice to meet other cousin couples because then we wouldn't be the odd ones out lol have fun on your trip :)

I think I'll be here again on the 10th. And just what does sunny Florida have that Chicago does not. I'm about to blow DC in about an hour.  What a rat hole this place is. 

Amarillo is only 6 hours from LadyC and Mark.

Ya'll all come on up and visit us a spell too!!!

Would love to be down there to meet you. I have met LadyC and Mark in Vegas.

Have fun!!

you could drive over this way and visit us Romalee!

We are cooking a BBQ Beef brisket. It smoked for about 10 hours and is now in the oven. I can't wait to try it. In NC we only have pork BBQ. BBQ is pork!

But they may change my mind in the morning. I hope so. I'm having a grand time with Mark and Christie. I've always wanted to meet them. And life is short so I figured now is the time. LadyC contributed greatly to this site.

For you guys who don't know ... I (KC) am not married to LadyC. She has a wonderful husband, Mark. My marriage of 18 years appears to be disintegrating. It happens. Nobody said it would be easy or promised it would work out.

Love me some brisket!!!!!!

Glad you are having a  good visit. Maybe next time you come to TEXAS you can visit

my part of the state!  I will take you to the Big Texan Steakranch and you can try your

appetite to devour the 72 0z. steak that is free if eaten in 1 hour. Plus all the sides!!!!

LOL, kc's math is a little fuzzy after spending two days on a train! it smoked for about 5 hours before we put it in the oven to slow cook at 200' the rest of the night... now if we could just get him to wake up from his train-lag coma, he could enjoy some of the brisket! i'm gonna make tacos out of mine :)

Well for you guys wanting to know how it went... well what a trip. The 3 day train ride drained me. It doesn't take much nowadays.

Well forget about Christie, whom I adore. You all know her. Her hubby Mark is a real man's man. I could never say enough about him. He is sooo damn coool. He is a real gentleman and an absolute pleasure to be around. I love this guy. He is also hilarious. I wish the world had more people like him.

Christie? What? I already said that I adore her.  She was wonderful and gracious. I love these folks like my own brothers/sisters.

And...... And..... Texas rocks!!!!

And for you Hawk, you could have came and seen me. You, me, two cold beers and Chicago dogs? What is wrong with you man?' I didn't bring extra money for bail. Maybe it's a good thing.

hey kc! are you on your way to king's university today? it was really great seeing you, and hope you have a safe return trip!

And for you Hawk, you could have came and seen me. You, me, two cold beers and Chicago dogs? What is wrong with you man?' I didn't bring extra money for bail. Maybe it's a good thing.

If I ever do go back to Chicago for some ungodly reason, I want to find the souvlaki/gyro stands. Two beers for me just wets my whistle. I wouldn't want to throw you totally off the wagon, but if you're with me, you're pretty much off the wagon. LOL Don't worry about us and bail $$$. I'm a pro at going right up to that point that it's needed, then haulin' a$$ to the house.  :wink: Plus, after over a year of being single, I've got a little cushion in the bank. I can get us out of jail....

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead