• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
MzUnderstood20

Married and expecting our first child(worried)

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

10 posts in this topic

Hi my husband and I (firstCousins) are expecting our first child I am very worried about the outcome and would love for a first cousin couple to share their experience if they have had and children or expecting it would be very helpful as to Iam very scared

I haven't had a child with mine but look up the statistics - you guys should be fine, unless there is a dominant genetic disease that runs in your family which you could probably pass on with a random partner, too. :)

I think about having a baby a lot but it would have to be much later down the road. I'm already a mom, but circumstances prevent me from having another bub anytime soon.

I haven't had a child with mine but look up the statistics - you guys should be fine, unless there is a dominant genetic disease that runs in your family which you could probably pass on with a random partner, too. :)

I think about having a baby a lot but it would have to be much later down the road. I'm already a mom, but circumstances prevent me from having another bub anytime soon.

no, not dominant. dominant genetic disorders come from only one parent. the issue for cousins is the recessive disorders, where both parents may carry the defective gene.

Right... Thanks for clarifying, LadyC. I've had 9 hours of sleep in the past three days and my brain is fried right now!  :embarrassed:

Right... Thanks for clarifying, LadyC. I've had 9 hours of sleep in the past three days and my brain is fried right now!  :embarrassed:

I hope its not because your minds been working overtime? I've realized that worrying is a useless occupation, i'm a deep thinker but i try my best to switch off when needed  :smiley:

To the OP, the percentage of birth defects is very small. About 4% chance of birth defects if i remember rightly through cousins  :smiley:

I hope its not because your minds been working overtime? I've realized that worrying is a useless occupation, i'm a deep thinker but i try my best to switch off when needed  :smiley:

To the OP, the percentage of birth defects is very small. About 4% chance of birth defects if i remember rightly through cousins  :smiley:

Yep. :( I can't sleep when I worry. He's in the grips of PTSD, which just makes me worry even more. :(

Nessa is correct, OP. The ridiculous notion that you will have some kind of disabled child with your cousin is not supported by science and data.

Yep. :( I can't sleep when I worry. He's in the grips of PTSD, which just makes me worry even more. :(

Nessa is correct, OP. The ridiculous notion that you will have some kind of disabled child with your cousin is not supported by science and data.

PTSD is something that would make you worry, hope he gets the help thats needed for the Disorder  :smiley:

yep, about 4-6%.... and half of that risk is the same for everybody, cousins or not!

PTSD is something that would make you worry, hope he gets the help thats needed for the Disorder  :smiley:

Thank you. :)

MzUnderstood20, congratulations and good luck once more. :) I hope you feel better now!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor