KC

Happy New Year! Reflections and wisdom from the past year

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

7 posts in this topic

Howdy Err-body!

I finished my Bachelor of Science some weeks back (you can tell that by my introduction). My load feels much lighter now. I didn't realize how stressful college could be.

This year has been fairly tough. I'm a single man again after nearly two decades of marriage. No -- we are not getting back together and no -- I'm not on the market either  :tongue: I'm holding up fine; it just took me awhile to process the whole thing. I'm a middle aged man who is about to start over. It's both ridiculous and exciting at the same time. Believe me, I am sooo ready for a change. (So, if your life started next year where would you go and what would you do)

I'm not sure I have a lot of wisdom to share concerning my failed marriage. I've heard people say that each partner is 50 percent responsible for a failed marriage. That is bull. I could be no more than 49 percent responsible -- max.  :evil: Sometimes things break and ya just can't put it back together. My best advice is to appreciate what you have at this moment because you don't know what tomorrow holds.

It's the first Christmas in nearly 20 years that I have spent alone. For some reason, however, I feel just great today. It's also the first time in a maybe decade that I haven't woke up with a hangover on a major holiday. (I'm trying to get to the wisdom part.) I've actually done well this year overall. The wisdom I'm about to share hit me like a ton of bricks today: Every day of sobriety is a true gift from God. I received a wonderful gift on Christmas Day despite being alone. That gift was this wisdom and my sobriety.

That is my life story with no details spared lol ... and please don't feel sorry for me or my marriage. I don't have time for any of that.

glad you're doing well kc, now tell me about your christmas gift!

haha. It was the wisdom and sobriety. Sorry it didn't come out plain. I will edit :)

oh! LOL, i'm brain fried.... i thought i could handle keeping two grandsons here for a week and a half after having already burnt out on the holiday preparations. somebody shoot me!

Here's to the next 20 yrs of fun  n adventures that life brings you :) ... wait, u said sobriety hmm... so may be not cheers & hic but the sentiment's the same, right?

Lori :)

Dear KC,

Congratulations on finishing your Bachelor of Science !!  That is a big achievement :).  And yes, college can be very stressful.  I did 5 years in university in the 1990s, it was very stressful.  I loved learning, but I did not miss the endless homework.

You seem to be in a good place with being single, good for you :)

And I'm glad you had a good Christmas.  I had a good, simple, quiet Christmas too, with delicious turkey dinner :)

Huggsss ... Ambra Flows

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead