• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
nessa76

Similar features in the family?

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

12 posts in this topic

My mom was saying the other day that i'm looking more like my Grandma when she was younger. I would never say that to my Cousin though but i did find it pretty funny when my mom said it out of the blue Lol

Do you resemble features (similar) in your family?

Only asking out of curiosity more than anything  :smiley:

nessa76

nessa, i have several male cousins (first, first once removed, and second) who have such similar features that if when they're at family reunions, you'd think they're all brothers. in fact, my best friend in vegas made a remark to me once, that when she saw a photo of me and one of my cousins that i rarely get to see, she had to do a double take... she thought it was my husband at first.

seriously, i can think of at least six that have very similar features... although they used to look more alike than they do at their current ages. now they all have varying shapes of "round" and shades of grey.

Uh yeah- we have big noses. It is prevalent throughout history and with distant relatives of mine as well as close ones.

I can see, genetics can be weird. I did read somewhere that a lot are attracted to people that represent our parents or even ourselves. Whether its true or not i don't know. My Cousin DOESN'T resemble me or my parents but i suppose factors vary for individuals Lol

nessa76

Yeah, genetics can be crazy.  Sometimes a distinctive feature passes from one generation to the next; sometimes it skips a generation or two.  I have cousins who look a lot like our great-grandmother.  I look like my mother's relatives, but one of my brothers looks like our dad's relatives.  Our dad, in turn, looked like a cousin of his mother's (and could easily be confused with him), but one of his brothers looked very much like their father.

And as far as appeal goes, sometimes we're attracted to a cousin because we seem to share physical attributes (facial structure or body type, for instance); but sometimes (often, I think) that attraction is more subtle: we're attracted to a cousin because we share similar psyches or something; and sometimes it's because we share a common heritage so understand each other better than a stranger could.

In my family everybody has this particular nose, except for me. It's kinda funny to look back on pictures of a great grandfather I never knew but still recognize because of the oh so familiar nose.

I can see, genetics can be weird. I did read somewhere that a lot are attracted to people that represent our parents or even ourselves. Whether its true or not i don't know. My Cousin DOESN'T resemble me or my parents but i suppose factors vary for individuals Lol

nessa76

[move]GSA <---Check this out[/move]

MissyX reminded me of something significant to add: when my wife and I were dating/engaged and went somewhere, particularly with her parents, a lot of people thought we were siblings.  (We don't look so much alike nowadays!)

I'm told my cousin (my mother's brother's son) looks like another cousin I have (my mother's sister's son). It creeps me out when people point this out to me, because if they know my love is my cousin their next comment is usually that the other cousin is hotter & I should be dating him. What most of them don't know is I was mostly raised with the other cousin as a brother figure & the thought of him as a spouse makes me throw up in my mouth.

I do not think they look alike but I wonder if that's just because I know their personalities & not just their looks?

I am told I look just like my biological father - I've never let him but it makes sense because I look 0% like anyone else in my family.

I'm told my cousin (my mother's brother's son) looks like another cousin I have (my mother's sister's son). It creeps me out when people point this out to me, because if they know my love is my cousin their next comment is usually that the other cousin is hotter & I should be dating him. What most of them don't know is I was mostly raised with the other cousin as a brother figure & the thought of him as a spouse makes me throw up in my mouth.

I do not think they look alike but I wonder if that's just because I know their personalities & not just their looks?

I am told I look just like my biological father - I've never let him but it makes sense because I look 0% like anyone else in my family.

I know what you mean, I have other good looking cousin's but the idea would make me feel sick but not with the one I'm attracted to, mainly because I hardly see him even when we was younger.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor