worst1441

what my parents thought about cousin marriage.

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

6 posts in this topic

Recently I asked my parent's what they thought about cousin marriage.

They were against the idea, saying " you wouldn't marry your sister, just like you wouldn't marry you're cousin."

" it's not normal" and " the only families that let cousins get married are the ones in the south".

If my parents felt that way, then i guess the rest of my family will feel the same.

I'm worried about being looked down on, judged, and treated differently by my family, so I guess I'm never going to be able to talk to my cousin about this.. but I guess it's for the best.

Or maybe you should look at this as an opportunity to teach your parents and other family members that what they've always thought is incorrect.

In any case, there is plenty of time to worry about that later. You and your cousin are still very young. This might not be the best time to try and educate the family. Just never say never.

How old are you? If you don't mind me asking.

In my opinion, it's never too soon to start sharing the wealth of knowledge with other people. Some, just don't care or take the time to really look into things they don't know much about or things they don't understand. I don't see anything wrong with opening up the subject and dropping a few facts here and there.

I'm in my  teenage years. Prefer not to say exact age.

I doubt my parents have ever tried to find out actual information about cousins dating. My parents are also pretty stubborn, so I doubt trying to tell them things about cousin relationships would actually change their minds. At least not now.

Maybe one day things will change, but I don't see it happening anytime soon.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead