Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KC

American Sniper

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

11 posts in this topic

I watched the movie today and was disappointed with a cousin joke. The star of the movie insisted that he was "not a redneck but a Texan."

The girl asked what the difference was.

"Rednecks ride cousins. Texans ride horses."

Something like that.

It was a pretty good movie, along with "Zero Dark Thirty." Both are important films. Zero is really intense and emotional, certainly not for kids or the faint of heart. It starts out with a waterboarding scene and never lets up -- for two solid hours.

i'm glad you warned me about the joke! it would have spoiled the movie for me if i'd been surprised. now that i'm aware of it i can ignore it when it comes up.

I watched "American Sniper", too. Between "American Sniper", "Lone Survivor", and "Zero Dark Thirty", I liked "Lone Survivor" more than the other two films.

But, the difference between the three movies is that "American Sniper" shows the reality of service members in the armed forces trying to adjust to home life after being in combat and away from your loved ones for so long that can change someone. All three though have their own pros and cons from people's perspective.

I was going to post that on here but forgot. I heard it from a cousin that married her cousin LOL as well!

Wife cuz just reminded me that last week on SHameless when Fiona is filling out a wedding app her Groom to be says out loud "are you related to participant A?" and they laugh LOL!

When yall get tired of war movies, rent The Grand Budapest Hotel.

I think I've watched it 3 times now.

no interest in grand budapest hotel at all...

Oh this was a nice real life story movie.... but i am very disappointed about the cause of his death. He resigned from beaing a seal because of his wife's fear of losing him from wars, yet he didnt die in wars.

Anyway could u please explain what "rednecks ride cousins mean? What dies redneck mean?

Redneck Definition n. noun

• Used as a disparaging term for a member of the white rural laboring class, especially in the southern United States.
  • A person regarded as having a provincial, conservative, often bigoted attitude

People in the South have historically been seen as yahoos who have a propensity to marry cousins. The British may consider the folks up north in that way (??).

Haven't seen the movie yet, but I've heard it's very good. Sad about his death though, fought for the American people, and got shot by one. Hope I don't end up like that if I choose the same job choice.

I've seen both American Sniper and Zero Dark Thirty with my cousin. I loved both movies.

They hit home for her a bit. She was an officer in the Army. A Major (O4), and she was with the 25th infantry division, as a cultural adviser. Though she was never assigned to a direct combat role, her unit did come under fire a couple of times. She said she was hit in the chest and abdomen, but thankfully her vest caught them.

She's taken me to gun ranges to teach me how to shoot better. One of her friends even got his instructor who was Spetsnaz (Russian special forces) to show me a couple of things.

I'm happy to have someone like her in my life.

i still haven't seen it. but i did finally buy it for $2. i buy all my movies in digital (ultraviolet) format and rarely pay more than 3 or 4 bucks for them cheaper than renting most of the time.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0