• Announcements

• KC

Get Smart on the Web   09/16/2016

Be informed on better ways to stay safe on the web -- Source: Mozilla
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Guest Cosmanian

Sort of Confused...

This topic has had no activity within the past six months. It is recommended that you start a new topic instead of replying to old topics.

5 posts in this topic

Alright... so...

Today is my birthday and yesterday I got quite a call. My little cousin had decided to wish me a happy birthday. I knew she always had a crush on me and had it since she was four. (I wish I was joking =P )

We had talked for a while and she spills information on me that I hadn't expected. Need less to say, we ended up talking about a future together as I had feelings for her as well. I can't rightly say 'Love' because I'm VERY protective of that word I do feel that I could end up speaking it to her though given enough time.

Now, I say she's my little cousin but she is a consenting adult, she's just my little cousin because, well.. she's short and younger than me. (I tease her about it plenty though there is also a sizable age gap between us we both view age to only be a number, I made sure she was perfectly clear with this, I never want to try and make her feel like she was pushed in to this just to be with me. I warned her of all the risks and taboos that were involved and she already knew them fully well and was still perfectly alright with it.) My folks and hers had already made certain to keep anything from happening between us since, as she grew up, she tended to blab about it as a young girl with a crush would.

There were even times when we didn't talk for years, I remained single and while my feelings weren't as strong, she never wavered in her affection for me. Frankly, it's something that melted my heart when I really thought about it since we stopped talking tonight (It's after midnight, it's my birfday! =P)

I feel like it could be a very pleasant future with her, one where I could enjoy the comforts of life and love.

My extended family already views me as the black sheep and wishes nothing more to do with me (Though it's all said behind closed doors I just hear about it through the rumor mill but that doesn't stop their condemning eyes.

I no longer go to family functions because of this.

I talked to her if she was certain that this is what she wanted because it could make her not be as highly valued in the family as well if/when they find out (Hopefully not before we're ready to say so)

So, that's all the set up for the question I have to ask.

Can someone clarify the laws for me for Minnesota? I'm not too great on reading such lawyer based jargon. As for the relation, she is my first cousin once removed.

While I do dread that what I got out of it is not a pleasant thing at all, I would like a second opinion other than my own.

WELP ...

I hope I didn't make anyone concerned with anything I've said =\

My question is exactly how old are the two of you?

That makes a big impact on the advice given.

since you're both consenting adults, i'm not sure what would have offended anyone... i'm in the middle of a movie so forgive me for not looking up minnesota's law right now, but since only six states in the country prohibit marriage between first cousins once removed, chances are really good that you're not in one of them.

From what I can tell first cousins once removed are okay in Minnesota, I did a quick wiki search though so if you want to pursue your relationship I would contact a lawyer just to be sure.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   You have pasted content with formatting.   Remove formatting

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0